By Jason Wojciechowski on July 12, 2008 at 5:47 PM
The Nets signed Eduardo Najera, which I guess I missed the first time around. Najera's a guy I thought could help the Lakers' depth inside, but he's off the table now. Here's the list of players I've mentioned as possibilities for the team and who's now gone (note that most of these aren't players I've seen in rumors; they're mostly just "available bigs", although some of them are rumor guys; against my better instincts, I've included some centers on the list instead of just power forwards, as I had before, because I guess if it comes down to it, the Lakers might just have to bring in a big body instead of someone who'll replace Turiaf more directly):
Ronny Turiaf-- four years, $17 million, front-loaded, Golden State (Lakers can match, but shouldn't)
- James Posey -- still waffling
- DJ Mbenga -- waiting for the phone to ring, I'm sure
Corey Maggette-- five years, $50 million, Golden State
- Sun Yue -- Kupchak wants to bring him over, but no word yet on a deal
- Kurt Thomas -- Spurs are his first choice?
Brent Barry-- two years, $3.9 million, Houston
- Craig Smith -- qualifying offer extended by Minnesota
- Carl Landry -- qualifying offer extended by Houston
- Walter Herrmann -- big European money on the table?
- Randolph Morris -- not welcome back in New York?
- Kwame Brown -- Bucks, Heat apparently interested
Eduardo Najera-- undisclosed deal with the Nets
- Juwan Howard -- ?
- Robert Horry -- not retiring; Spurs or Rockets?
- Francisco Elson -- not going back to Seattle; Miami?
- Theo Ratliff -- back to Detroit?
- Adonal Foyle -- back to Orlando?
- Quinton Ross -- with Brand gone, maybe the Clippers bring him back, but everyone is interested, including Phoenix, Orlando, New Jersey?
- Bostjan Nachbar -- Detroit? With the Nets adding Najera and Jarvis Hayes, does that mean no room for Nachbar?
- Dorell Wright -- qualifying offer from Miami
- Sasha Vujacic -- qualifying offer from the Lakers
Patrick O'Bryant-- two years, $3 million, Celtics
- David Harrison -- Denver?
- Chris Andersen -- probably not Boston after signing O'Bryant; Cleveland?
- Primoz Brezec -- Seattle, Chicago, Miami?
- Jorge Garbajosa