By Jason Wojciechowski on July 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Bostjan Nachbar is the latest guy to decide to head back overseas: he's going to Russia, where he'll make nine million Euros (ESPN calls this $14.3 million, which is probably about right) over three years and have the opportunity for buyouts after each year in case American money comes calling again. Nachbar apparently has his eyes on the 2010 summer, when there will be tons of money floating around and a lot of disappointed suitors of guys like LeBron James and Chris Bosh.
Nachbar's a guy I thought could help the Lakers as a bench shooter if Sasha Vujacic walked, but he's off the table now.
The updated free agent target list:
Ronny Turiaf-- four years, $17 million, Golden State James Posey-- Hornets, four years, $25 million
- DJ Mbenga -- waiting for the phone to ring, I'm sure
Corey Maggette-- five years, $50 million, Golden State
- Sun Yue -- Kupchak wants to bring him over, but no word yet on a deal
- Kurt Thomas -- Spurs are his first choice? Lakers?
Brent Barry-- two years, $3.9 million, Houston Craig Smith-- two-year deal to return to Minnesota
- Carl Landry -- qualifying offer extended by Houston
- Walter Herrmann -- big European money on the table? back to Detroit?
- Randolph Morris -- Atlanta?
- Kwame Brown -- Bucks, Heat, Hawks apparently interested
Eduardo Najera-- undisclosed deal with the Nets
- Juwan Howard -- ?
- Robert Horry -- not retiring; Spurs or Rockets?
- Francisco Elson -- Denver, New Jersey, Seattle, Charlotte, Lakers; Miami?
- Theo Ratliff -- back to Detroit?
- Adonal Foyle -- back to Orlando?
- Quinton Ross -- with Brand gone, maybe the Clippers bring him back, but everyone is interested, including Phoenix, Orlando, New Jersey?
Bostjan Nachbar-- Russia, three years, nine million Euros
- Dorell Wright -- qualifying offer from Miami
- Sasha Vujacic -- qualifying offer from the Lakers
Patrick O'Bryant-- two years, $3 million, Celtics
- David Harrison -- Denver?
- Chris Andersen -- probably not Boston after signing O'Bryant; Cleveland? back to the Nuggets?
Primoz Brezec-- Virtus Roma, Euroleague
- Jorge Garbajosa -- back to Europe?